Monday, March 2, 2009

How is my topic connected to me, to all of us

We are living in a world where we are surrounded by seemingly unlimited and diverse kinds of sickness and virus. Everyday there may be millions of virus evolving in a bid to invade the complex human system. There are times when some of us are strong enough to fight and strike back bravely, but there are also times when some of us could no longer defend ourselves but rather, being defeated brutally.

As for me, I had a heartbreaking experience when one of my dearest parents could no longer withstand the overwhelming invasion of virus, and she ended up leaving us. It is really distraught to watch our beloved ones being tortured helplessly but we could do nothing about it. Undeniably, it is inevitable to restrain virus from evolving as the more new kinds of medication we used, the more immune they will become, thus making them stronger, and becoming harder to wrestle with consequentially. However, as the slogan goes, “Prevention of diseases outweighs treatments “; there are still ways to protect ourselves and minimize the possibility of being infected.

As the cases of cancer has been rising significantly all over the world in recent years, I would like to raise the awareness of my peers, my friends or even the people around me about the essence of health. Without health, we are only birds with broken wings. We could all make a difference, whether it is significant or not, by taking the initiative of taking good care of ourselves.

2 comments:

Alex said...

It shocks me when I heard that your grandmother has passed away because of cancer. I thought cancer is far away from us for the whole time before you mentioned about the tragedy of your parents.I can see why you chose this topic now. Great article.

vanyuninvala2 said...

Arnold, I understand you. In last 2-3 years all I hear is: "died because of *** cancer". This is a real tradegy for many of us and I'm really looking forward to the cancer research and will be interested in any of your new postings.